Tenants are responsible for cleaning in Kuopas apartments. As soon as you have moved in, you should discuss the cleaning schedule with your flat mates. We have put together a cleaning instructions for the residents in Kuopas apartments. You can download it here: Cleaning instructions
You can see more specific responsibilites about taking care of your Kuopas home here Tenants responsibilities..
Neglecting to clean the flat might become expensive, at the latest when you move out and the rooms are inspected. If the flat is not in ordinary shape, the costs of cleaning and repair will be deducted from the deposit paid by the tenant.
Common kitchens and kitchens in shared apartments
When you are finished using the kitchen:
- Clean the work surfaces, the sink, the cooker and the oven
- Take out any garbage
- Wash up your own dishes and put them away
- Empty the work bench of your groceries
- If you cook food with strong odor, take all the remainings to the garbage outside the apartment right away
If you detect anything missing or broken in the kitchen, e.g. taps running or cracked surfaces, file a fault report.
We have put together a cleaning instructions for the residents in Kuopas apartments. You can download it here: Cleaning instructions
Waste management, trash, recycling
A part of ecological living is a working garbage disposal as well as recycling and conservation of energy. Problem waste (batteries, light bulbs, solvents, fuel, glue, paint, etc.) are not to be thrown in with other waste. They are to be taken to the appropriate collection sites. Find out the problem waste collection sites that are near your residential location. Medicine which are past their “best before” date should be taken to the pharmacy (apteekki) to be disposed of.
Always put your waste in containers and keep the lids closed. Unclean and overflowing waste containers are a health risk and attract mice, rats and birds, which spread the waste as well as disease.
• Waste must be sorted into the appropriate waste containers. All Kuopas’ buildings have waste collection bins.
• The disposal of items other than household waste is the responsibility of the residents themselves. Do not leave any furniture or large items in the waste collection area.
• Environmentally harmful waste (batteries etc.) must be taken to the locations reserved for them. Do not leave environmentally harmful waste to Kuopas’ waste collection bins.
Cleaning before leaving
You can read instructions for cleaning before leaving here